|On Sale||feb 08, 2013|
|Opening||jun 25, 2013|
|Closing||jun 30, 2013|
2hrs. 45mins. (1 Intermission)
A remarkable tale of courage, loyalty and friendship. England, 1914.
As World War One begins, Joey, young Albert’s beloved horse, is sold to the cavalry and shipped from England to France. He’s soon caught up in enemy fire, and fate takes him on an extraordinary journey, serving on both sides before finding himself alone in no man’s land. But Albert cannot forget Joey and, still not old enough to enlist, he embarks on a treacherous mission to find him and bring him home.
This powerfully moving and imaginative drama, filled with stirring music and songs, is a show of phenomenal inventiveness that is currently playing to packed houses in London and New York. At its heart are astonishing life-sized puppets created by South Africa’s Handspring Puppet Company, that bring to life breathing, galloping, charging horses strong enough for men to ride.
Should I see it?
What is War Horse about?
War Horse is a remarkable tale of courage, loyalty and friendship between a young boy, Albert, and his beloved horse Joey. When Joey is sold to the cavalry and shipped from England to France, Albert embarks on an extraordinary journey to find him and bring ...
- Watch Creators and Audience Members Describe the Magic of War Horse
- Tony-Winning Designers Basil Jones and Adrian Kohler Discuss the ‘Visual Poetry’ of War Horse
- Tickets Now on Sale for National Tour of Tony-Winning Play War Horse in Appleton
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game! The Broadway Cast of War Horse Visits the New York Mets
War Horse Cast & Creative
- Based on the novel by Michael Morpurgo
- Adapted by Nick Stafford
- Director Marianne Elliott